Learn how to discover and model business services to manage service health, determine the business impact of infrastructure problems, simplify the root cause analysis of service issues, and minimize the service impact of infrastructure changes.
During this three‑day interactive training course, attendees will gain in‑depth knowledge and practice in configuring and using ServiceNow Service Mapping.
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator preferred
- Experience configuring monitoring and discovery tools and working knowledge of UNIX and/or Windows servers is highly recommended
- A fundamental knowledge of networking including TCP/IP ports and firewalls, network protocols, IP networks, subnetting, and network devices
This course does not offer certification.
This course is designed for IT Operations Managers, ServiceNow administrators, and consultants who need to implement, configure, and administer ServiceNow Service Mapping.
A combination of course content and lab work will help attendees learn to:
- Gain a clear understanding of the ServiceNow Service Mapping solution and its capabilities and how it differs from the ServiceNow Discovery solution
- Learn the concepts and value of ServiceNow Service Mapping top‑down discovery that allows ServiceNow administrators to model an entire business service by providing a single entry point to the service such as a web URL or host address and port
- Install and configure MID Servers
- Navigate the Service Mapping user interface
- Configure Service Mapping credentials
- Configure Service Mapping to discover and model a business service from a top‑down approach including all the applications, network devices, and servers that support it
- Gain in‑depth knowledge on how to configure Service Mapping patterns that allows administrators to model proprietary applications and connections unknown to ServiceNow Service Mapping
- Work with the Identification and Reconciliation application to understand how inserts and updates are performed to configuration items in the CMDB
- Gain understanding of how Service Mapping works with ServiceNow Event Management to provide visibility into service outages
- Learn common troubleshooting techniques
Informator är ett utbildningsföretag som stärker individens, gruppens och organisationens konkurrensförmåga genom att underhålla, uppdatera och tillföra relevant kunskap inom IT. Sedan 1990 har informator utbildat många av de ledande företagen på den Nordiska marknaden. Tillsammans med vårt finska ägarbolag Soprano...