Get hands-on instruction and practice configuring advanced Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, services in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part three in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
Experience working with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 servers day to day in an Enterprise environment.
The course pre-requisites can be met by having knowledge equivalent to, or by attendance at,
courses MS20410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 and MS20411 Administering Windows Server 2012 as this course will build upon the knowledge and skills covered in those courses.
This course maps directly to and is the preferred choice for hands-on preparation for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, which is the third of three exams required for MCSA: Windows Server 2012 credential.Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these courses, this course focuses on advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Network Load Balancing, Failover Clustering, business continuity and disaster recovery services as well as access and information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control (DAC), and Web Application Proxy integration with AD FS and Workplace Join. Audience Profile This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience implementing, managing and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to perform advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment. Candidates who would typically be interested in attending this course will be:
- Experienced Windows Server Administrators who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 enterprise environment.
- IT Professionals who are looking to take the exam 412, Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services.
- IT Professionals wishing to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams in Datacenter, Desktop Infrastructure, Messaging, Collaboration and Communications will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the MCSA exams, which are a pre-requisite for their individual specialties.
- Configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM) with Windows Server 2012.
- Configure and manage iSCSI, BranchCache and FSRM.
- Configure DAC to manage and audit access to shared files.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
- Plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes locations.
- Implement and configure an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
- Implement an AD RMS deployment.
- Implement an AD FS deployment.
- Provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- Implement and validate high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing NLB.
- Provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- Implement a failover cluster, and configure and validate a highly available network service.
- Deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- Implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements.
Module 1: Implementing Advanced Network ServicesIn this module students will be able to configure advanced features for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and Domain Name System (DNS), and configure IP Address Management (IPAM).
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Features
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Implementing IPAM
- Managing IP Address Spaces with IPAM
Lab : Implementing Advanced Network Services
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Settings
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Configuring IPAM
Module 2: Implementing Advanced File Services
In this module students will be able to configure file services to meet advanced business requirements.
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring BranchCache
- Optimizing Storage Usage
Lab : Implementing Advanced File Services
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring the File Classification Infrastructure
Lab : Implementing BranchCache
- Configuring the Main Office Servers for BranchCache
- Configuring the Branch Office Servers for BranchCache
- Configuring Client Computers for BranchCache
- Monitoring BranchCache
Module 3: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
In this module students will be able to configure Dynamic Access Control (DAC) to manage and audit access to shared files.
- Overview of DAC
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
Lab : Implementing Secure Data Access
- Preparing for DAC deployment
- Implementing DAC
- Validating and Remediating DAC
- Implementing Work Folders
Module 4: Implementing Distributed AD DS Deployments
In this module students will be able to plan and implement an Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) deployment that includes multiple domains and forests.
- Overview of Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Deploying a Distributed AD DS Environment
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
Lab : Implementing Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Implementing Child Domains in AD DS
- Implementing Forest Trusts
Module 5: Implementing AD DS Sites and ReplicationIn this module students will be able to plan and implement an AD DS deployment that includes multiple locations.
- AD DS Replication Overview
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Lab : Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
- Modifying the Default Site
- Creating Additional Sites and Subnets
- Configuring AD DS Replication
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting AD DS Replication
Module 6: Implementing Active Directory Certificate Services
In this module students will be able to implement an Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS) deployment.
- Using Certificates in a Business Environment
- PKI Overview
- Deploying CAs
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
- Managing Certificate Recovery
Lab : Deploying and Configuring CA Hierarchy
- Deploying a Stand-alone Root CA
- Deploying an Enterprise Subordinate CA
Lab : Deploying and Managing Certificates
- Configuring Certificate Templates
- Configuring Certificate Enrollment
- Configuring Certificate Revocation
- Configuring Key Recovery
Module 7: Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
In this module students will be able to implement an AD RMS deployment.
- AD RMS Overview
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Lab : Implementing AD RMS
- Installing and Configuring AD RMS
- Configuring AD RMS Templates
- Implementing the AD RMS Trust Policies
- Verifying the AD RMS Deployment
Module 8: Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
In this module students will be able to implement an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) deployment.
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business-to-Business Federation Scenario
- Extending AD FS to External Clients
Lab : Implementing AD FS
- Installing and Configuring AD FS
- Configuring an Internal Application for AD FS
Lab : Implementing AD FS for External Partners and Users
- Configuring AD FS for a Federated Business Partner
- Configuring Web Application Proxy
Module 9: Implementing Network Load BalancingIn this module students will be able to provide high availability and load balancing for web-based applications by implementing Network Load Balancing (NLB).
- Overview of NLB
- Configuring an NLB Cluster
- Planning an NLB Implementation
Lab : Implementing NLB
- Implementing an NLB Cluster
- Configuring and Managing the NLB Cluster
- Validating High Availability for the NLB Cluster
Module 10: Implementing Failover ClusteringIn this module students will be able to provide high availability for network services and applications by implementing failover clustering.
- Failover Clustering Overview
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering
- Configuring a Failover Cluster
- Deploying and Configuring a Highly Available File Server
- Validating the Deployment of the Highly Available File Server
- Configuring Cluster-Aware Updating on the Failover Cluster
Module 11: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-VIn this module students will be able to deploy and manage Hyper-V virtual machines in a failover cluster.
- Overview of Integrating Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
- Managing Hyper-V Virtual Environments by Using VMM
Lab : Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Configuring Hyper-V Replicas
- Configuring a Failover Cluster for Hyper-V
- Configuring a Highly Available Virtual Machine
- Explain options for making virtual machines highly available.
- Describe how to implement virtual machines in a failover cluster deployed on a host.
- Explain options for moving a virtual machine or its storage.
- Explain a high level overview of Microsoft System Center 2012- Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2012.
Module 12: Implementing Business Continuity and Disaster RecoveryIn this module students will be able to implement a backup and disaster recovery solution based on business and technical requirements.
- Data Protection Overview
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery
Lab : Implementing Windows Server Backup and Restore
- Backing Up Data on a Windows Server 2012 R2 Server
- Restoring Files Using Windows Server Backup
Informator är utbildningsföretaget som stärker din konkurrenskraft genom att underhålla, uppdatera och tillföra relevant kunskap inom IT och management där och när du behöver det. Vi har vuxit tillsammans med svensk mjukvaruindustris ledande företag och utbildat utvecklare, tekniker, projektledare och chefer...