Under denna kurs arbetar vi med färdiga data och fokus ligger på hur vi presenterar och visualiserar data. Detta är en kurs för dig som är Controller, säljchef eller analytiker som ska processa och presentera data på ett professionellt sätt.
The education places more emphasis on visualization components like different types of charts and how to best use them. You will also learn about advanced visualization techniques like designing mobile reports, changing interaction of visualizations, using slicers and filters, creating parent-child reports, etc.
After this course you will have a good understanding of all components of Power BI and how they work together
This training is intended for data analysts, who have access to complete data models and are ready to visualize data from these models. You will also learn about the Power BI service (the website) and components needed to share your reports with others.
Kursens innehåll / Contents
1.1: Introduction to Power BI
Power BI is the newest Microsoft Business Intelligence and Data Analysis tool. In this module, we will cover the basics of this product and introduce all components of Power BI.
• Introduction to Power BI: What is Power BI?
• Power BI Desktop; The First Experience
• Power BI Website; You’ll Need Just a Web Browser
• Introduction to Power BI Components: Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View, and Power Q&A.
1.2: Getting Data and Transformation
Getting Data is the first experience of working with Power BI. You can connect to many data sources on-premises or on the cloud. In this section, you will learn how the Get data experience in Power BI is and how you can transform the data in a way to get it ready for modeling
• What is the Role of Power Query in a Power BI Solution
• Introduction to Data Mash-Up Engine of Power BI
• Τhe Query Editor
• Transformation GUI
• Get Started with Power Query: Movies Data Mash-Up
• Power BI Get Data from Excel: Everything You Need to Know
1.3: Data Modelling and DAX
Data Modelling in Power BI is an in-memory-based technology. You will learn about the structure of modeling in Power BI, and you will learn the importance of relationships and their direction. You will also learn about calculations in Power BI and how to write them. DAX is Data Analytical eXpression language. DAX has a similar structure to excel functions, but it is different. In this module, you will learn the following
• Power BI xVelocity engine basics and concepts
• Relationships in Power BI
• Hierarchies and Formatting
• Sorting by other columns
• Date Table
• Introduction to DAX
• Calculated Columns, Measures, and Calculated Tables
1.4: Data Visualization
Data Visualization is the front end of any BI application; this is the user viewpoint of your system. It is critical to visualize measures, and dimensions effectively so the BI system could tell the story of the data. In this module, you will learn conceptual best practices of data visualizations which is valid through all data visualization tools. You will learn how to create effective charts, and dashboards using these tools as well as best practices for working with Power BI Desktop.
• Power BI Desktop Visualization
• Formatting Visuals in Power BI Desktop
• Basic Charts and Visuals in Power BI
• Sorting, Filtering, and categorization
• Maps and Geo-Spatial Visualization
1.5: Power BI Service
Power BI components can be deployed into different environments such as Power BI website, Office 365 subscription, or even SharePoint on-premises. In this module you will learn how to deploy your Power BI files into Power BI website. You will also learn how to build dashboards on the website, and how to work with Mobile Apps.
• Basic Sharing and using workspaces in Power BI web site
• Dashboard vs. Report
• Power Q&A
• Mobile Dashboard Design
• Row Level Security
• Schedule Refresh vs. Other types of connections
1.6: Visualization Basics
In Power BI, Visualization plays a critical part. In this section, you will learn about why visualization is important. You will also learn data exploration techniques such as drill down/up, using pages, etc.
• Importance of Visualization
• Basic Charts; Bar and Column Charts
• Clustered vs. Stacked Charts
• Q&A for Reports
• Quick Measures in Power BI
• Drill Down and Up using visuals and hierarchies
1.7: Slicing and Dicing
In Power BI there are several ways you can filter the data. In this section, you will learn the difference between filters and slicers. You also learn about different scopes of filtering, as well as filtering modes. For slicers, you will learn different types of slicers and some advanced features such as syncing slicers through different pages.
• Scopes of Filters: Visual Level, Page Level, Report Level
• Modes of Filtering: Basic, Advanced, Relative, Top N
• Drill through Page Filter: Creating master-details page scenario in Power BI
• Types of Slicers; Date, Text, Number
• Slicer Formatting
• Syncing Slicer between Pages
1.8: Advanced Visualization in Power BI
In this module we’re going to talk about some advanced techniques which will take your visualizations to the next level in Power BI. You will learn about techniques such as changing the interaction of visuals, report page tooltips, Bookmarks and dynamic visualizations in this section.
• Report Page Tooltip
• Controlling the interaction of Visuals in a page
• Designing Power BI reports for Mobile
• Grouping and Binning
• Bookmark; saving the state of a page
• Buttons; action items
• Selection pane; visibility control in Power BI
• Golden triangle; Bookmark, button, and selection pane
• Colour theme or pallets in Power BI
1.9: Best Practice Scenarios of Using Visuals
It is important to know which visual should be used in what scenario. You will also learn in this section about the pros and cons of each visual. You will learn specific features of the visual that can help to solve real-world scenarios. All the examples will be hands-on.
• Line Chart; Trend Analysis
• Combo Charts; Different Scales in one graph
• Ribbon Chart; Ranking
• Waterfall Chart; Cashflow
• Scatter Chart; Storytelling with the data
• Grouping charts: Pie, Donut chart, and Treemap charts
• KPI visual
• Card Visual
• Table and Matrix; showing the numbers with conditional formatting
1.10: Geo Location Visualization: Map Visuals
In Power BI, there are multiple ways of visualizing items on the map. In this section, you will learn about all the built-in ways of using map visuals in Power BI, the pros, and cons of each method and special considerations for some of the visuals.
• Map Visual; Using Bing to find spots
• Fine Tuning Address Details
• Map Visual; Using Latitude and Longitude
• Filled Map; Regions and Polygons
• Data Category importance for the filled map
• Shape Map; Having custom map visual
• ArcGIS Map; Map visual which can do everything
1.11: Custom Visuals
In addition to the built-in list of Power BI visuals, you can leverage some of the third party visuals created by other companies called Custom Visuals. Creating custom visuals is a developer topic, which we won’t discuss in this training, but you will learn about how to use custom visuals.
• Adding and using a custom visual
• Infographic Designer
• Tachometer Gauge
• Map custom visuals
• Hierarchy Slicer
Tid & plats
Klockan 09.00-16.00 respektive kursdag.
Mat & logi
Frukost, lunch och eftermiddagsfika ingår.
Kursledare är Lasaros Mavropoulos (BI-Specialist, MCT, MCSE, MCSA). En av de absolut bästa i branschen.
Snittbetyg: 4,5Baseras på 11 recensioner.
Mycket kunnig kursledare!
Aningen för hög nivå. Kunnig och engagerad lärare.
Bra med inspelade laborationer. Kunnig kursledare.
Ambit AB arbetar B2B och har utbildat och utvecklat individer och organisationer inom IT och Affärsutveckling i 28 år. Våra kunder finns representerade i alla branscher inom både näringsliv och offentlig sektor. Vår geografiska marknad är Sverige och Danmark samt...
Mobil +723 81 21 12
För att få mer information om utbildningen Power BI for Data Analysts från Ambit AB, fyll i dina uppgifter: