Using C++ in Embedded Systems – Applying C++11/14
Over the years, the object-orientated programming turned out to be a sound and battle-hardened way of working in system development. Traditionally C has been the dominating programming language in the embedded system context.
This training intends to introduce C++ as the common extension of C when applying object-oriented embedded system development. Since C++ encloses C, this training takes us from C to C++ in a natural way, and looks under the hood of how C++ is implemented. This is especially valuable to comprehend when applying C++ in an embedded resource limited environment. The C++ standard has recently been undergoing a major revision, a.k.a. as C++11, and a new one is on its way, C++14. This course addresses subjects brought in with these revisions that are especially useful like high performance memory management, concurrency making use of a multicore environment, and bare-metal close to the hardware programming.
This training is aimed C++- programmers who intend to start using C++ in an embedded system context.
The course requires basic knowledge in C++ programming, corresponding to our trainings ”C++ - Level 1” and ”C++ Level 2 – Introducing C++11”.
- Introduce C++ as an object oriented language alternative in an embedded system context
- Show the similarities ‑ and differences ‑ with the C language
- Comprehend different memory management strategies – especially the move semantics introduced with C++11
- Look under the hood and understand what different paradigms in C++ leads to in machine code
- Use templates to achieve type safe high order abstractions for bare-metal close to the hardware programming – memory mapped I/O as well as interrupts - especially the variadic templates introduced with C++11
- Provide some useful design patterns especially applicable in an embedded context
- A few exercises in order to practice some concepts
17 500 SEK exkl. moms.
Nohau Solutions AB
Nohau Solutions AB
Nohau är en ledande leverantör i Skandinavien av lösningar för systemutveckling för inbyggda system. Nohau Solutions finns i Sverige, Norge, Danmark och Finland. Huvudkontoret ligger i Malmö, Sverige. Vi kan erbjuda kompletta lösningar inom: Funktions- och datasäkerhetBehöver du arbeta enligt IEC 61508, ISO 26262, FDA...