Welcome to the Leading Automotive Event in Northern Europe! At VECS 2023 you will meet the most innovative minds in Autonomous, Electrification, Connected Vehicles & Mobility. You will get in-depth insights, new disruptive knowledge and unmissable networking. Listen to our outstanding speakers’ cutting edge insights on the topics that are top of mind in the new ecosystem for transportation. Network with over 1600 Senior Executives from leading OEMs, Tier ones, Suppliers, Academia, Start-ups, Transportation Companies, and Cities/Municipalities at the Leading Automotive Event in Northern Europe.
Learn more on technical innovations and innovative software solutions that will have a major impact on the automotive industry in the near future. In this one occasion you will get both strategic presentations that help you keep an eye on future challenges and a high quality technical program. On the second day you can specialize in one of seven core areas by choosing the most relevant track.
- Take part in the European mobility strategy from the EU Commission
- Learn how the transition to Smart Cities can be enhanced
- What are the requirements for successful autonomous mobility concepts?
- Get a glimpse into how new business models and new brands will create a disruptive landscape in transportation
- Get a BMW perspective on how to enable future Software Defined Vehicles
- What can we learn from test automation and exploratory testing of aircraft?
- Learn how to tackle the challenges of scaling up electromobility
- Hackers – what should you prepare for and how?
- Learn how companies in automotive can increase business agility and speed
- Network with Senior Executives from leading OEMs, Tier ones, Suppliers, Academia, Start-ups, Transportation Companies, and Cities/Municipalities
23 maj, 2023
- Öppen utbildning
TRENDS AND DRIVERS SHAPING THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY
08:30 Morning coffee and registration
09:00 Moderator’s Introduction
Magda Collado, Commercial Project Manager, Volvo Autonomous Solutions
Kent Eric Lång, Senior Project Manager, RISE Research Institutes of Sweden
09:10 The European Mobility Strategy
- How to tackle the lack of interoperability across mobility providers, platforms and geographical borders?
- Will behaviors and attitudes change towards shared services instead of privately owned vehicles?
- What contribution is needed from the private and public sectors to enhance the roll out of MaaS
- How can digitalization and data sharing be a means for a better customer experience and seamless journeys?
- Some successful examples from cities to learn from
Kristian Hedberg, Head of Unit at the department of sustainable and intelligent transport at DG Move, European Commission
09:45 The autonomous Gap – Claim and reality of autonomous mobility concepts in Europe, China and the USA
- Requirements for successful autonomous mobility concepts
- Identified gaps on the way to scaled and sustainable autonomous mobility systems
- How to close the gaps as OEM, mobility service provider, ecosystem stakeholder
Augustin Friedel, Senior Manager Mobility Transformation, MHP (a Porsche Company)
10:25 Networking break and exhibition visit
PANEL DISCUSSION & INTERACTIVE AUDIENCE Q&A SESSION
11:05 How to Enhance the Transition to Smart Cities and Sustainable Mobility?
- How will the technological transport revolution transform our cities?
- How can collaboration between cities, transport operators, corporates and startups enhance the transition to smart cities and sustainable mobility?
- Using public procurement as a strategic tool to achieve sustainability and climate goals
- For which kind of services will the first electrified autonomous vehicles be deployed?
- What impact will the AV technology have on the way people travel?
Charlotte Eisner, Head of Business Development, CEVT
Augustin Friedel,Senior Manager Mobility Transformation,MHP (a Porsche Company), Germany
Ole Kristian Gjertsen, Project Manager Strategy & Sustainability, Ruter AS, Norway
Geir Rossebø, Sustainability Manager in the Agency for Improvement and Development, City of Oslo, Norway
11:45 Thriving in the Disruption in Automotive: Speed, Data and Ecosystems
- The digital transformation is causing a disruption in automotive
- Companies need business agility and speed
- Decision making needs to be data driven and based on experimentation
- We need to be intentional about our positioning in the business ecosystem
Dr. Jan Bosch, Professor of Software Engineering, Chalmers University of Technology
12:20 Networking lunch break and exhibition visit
Track 1 – Technical Challenges & Solutions
13:30 Drive Pilot – Level 3 Automated Driving at Mercedes-Benz
- Architecture and Safety concept
- Challenges on the way to market introduction
- Market Experience
Dr. Martin Hart, Director Driver Assistance Systems & Active Safety, Mercedes-Benz, Germany
14:05 Optimizing Through-life Performance of Connected Electric Vehicles
- Measure real-world driver and component behavior, to build understanding
- Diagnose issues and deploy software fixes and enhancements, to improve quality
- Reoptimize calibrations for different markets, to boost efficiency
- Refine model accuracy in live development programs, to optimize future designs
David Sampson, UK & Nordics Engineering Manager, MathWorks, U.K.
14:35 NEVS’ and Oxbotica’s Joint Virtual Deployment of a Mobility Service Based on Fully Autonomous Vehicles
- The partners’ joint vision of how to maximize both the individual and societal benefits of AD technology
- NEVS’ digital twin traffic simulation and its central role for developing shared autonomous vehicles and the mobility services of the future
- Oxbotica’s Virtual AD testing environment MetaDriver and how it is used to de-risk and accelerate AD development
- Virtual Deployment of a full mobility service in those simulation environments as a first step towards commercial roll out of shared autonomous vehicles
Felix Andlauer, VP Mobility Solutions, NEVS
Ben Upcroft, VP of Technology, Oxbotica, U.K.
15:10 Networking break and exhibition visit
15:50 How to Certify ADAS Functionality to be Automotive Grade without Hitting the Road
- Challenge with the environment simulation to test ADAS and AD functionality and quality is the confidence level of simulation testing result
- Certify simulation environment tool itself
- Shorten the test cycle and results in de-risking the time-to-market pressure
Sunitha Subramaniam, Automotive Grade Quality Expert, Hexagon, Germany
16:10 Challenges and Opportunities Along the Nordic Battery Value Chain
- Outlook and recent development
- Opportunities for Nordic collaboration
- Suggestions for strengthening the value chain
Greger Ledung, Battery Research Expert, Swedish Energy Agency
16:50 Moderators closing summary
16:55 Networking Drinks Presented by Diadrom
Track 2 – A MOBILITY SECTOR MEETING A DISRUPTIVE LANDSCAPE
13:30 How Can the Mobility Sector Move to a Model that Creates Lasting Relationship With Multiple Value Exchanges?
- What has changed in last 15 years, what will the world look like in the next 15 years?
- How new business models and new brands will create a disruptive landscape
- OEM’s chasing Services Orientated Experiences – Who to model on to create experiences that are fun, and engaging, flexible and adaptable? Which other players are chasing this vision?
- From where will customer’s perceived value, and brand loyalty be delivered, besides the vehicle?
Jason Craker, ChangeMaker Associates, U.K.
14:20 Empowering Tomorrow’s Automotive Software with enabling technologies for the software-defined vehicle
- How does increasing digitalization, new mobility concepts, and trends such as personalization, connectivity, electrification, and automation create the potential for innovations like the software-defined vehicle?
- How to use strong partnerships for mastering the numerous organizational and technical challenges to bring innovations alive
Soltan Ritter, Vice President, ETAS GmbH, Germany
14:40 Networking break and exhibition visit
15:20 What are the Challenges and Benefits of Imaging, Simulating & Validating Mobility Experience Virtually?
- In the context of purely software-based prototyping; how is it necessary to further investigate the likely user acceptance of planned new vehicle experiences and digital services?
- Partnering up! To support in-depth evaluation of vehicle-related user experiences, partnering with companies specialized in physical vehicle design and simulation to enable vehicle experience simulations, is needed for the future
- New simulations set-up and content – how they are benefiting to all stakeholders?
Frédéric Merceron, T&M Industry Solution Experience Director, Dassault Systèmes, France
15:40 Autonomous Transports – the Hype that Is Here To Stay!
- Autonomous as an enabler for the transformation of the transport system
- Market development
- Scania’s position in the autonomous area
- Some learnings from ongoing customer collaborations
Therese Reinhammar, Director & Head of Autonomous Solutions Delivery, Scania Autonomous Solutions
16:15 Electrification and Automation – Ending 100 Years of Simplification
- The challenge of transforming operations and methods that were developed 100 years ago
- How to handle the complexity of electrification, pushing the industry into a fully digital decision-making paradigm?
- The role of digital tools, ML and AI in electrification
- What does the new era of transport automation where large processes and flow will be automated imply?
- What type of business models will survive these changes? What will stay the same? How do Einride cope with these disruptions?
Per Olof Arnäs, Director Logistics Strategy, Einride
16:50 Moderators’ closing summary
16:55 Networking Drinks Presented by Diadrom
Tid & plats
23-24 of May 2023, at Svenska Mässan in Gothenburg
Conference Delegate: 6.990 SEK
Additional Delegate: 5.690 SEK
OEM’s get a 3for2 discount off the full price!
Dr. Martin Hart
City of Oslo
Swedish Energy Agency
Chalmers University of Technology
Lynk & Co
Ole Kristian Gjertsen
Per Olof Arnäs
Scania Autonomous Solutions
Insight Events Sweden startade sin verksamhet 1994 och genomför årligen närmare hundra mässor, konferenser, kurser och utbildningar på den svenska marknaden. Våra tusentals deltagare är beslutsfattare från både privata näringslivet och offentlig sektor. Målsättningen är att ge våra deltagare ny...
Läs mer om Insight Events Sweden och visa alla utbildningar.