This course is an entry point into both the Web application and Windows Store apps training paths.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have a combination of practical and conceptual knowledge related to HTML5 programming.
The lab scenarios in this course are selected to support and demonstrate the structure of various application scenarios. They are intended to focus on the principals and coding components/structures that are used to establish an HTML5 software application.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features of HTML5, and create and style HTML5 pages.
- Send and receive data to and from a remote data source by XMLHTTPRequest objects and jQuery AJAX.
- Style HTML5 pages by using CSS3.
- Use common HTML5 APIs in interactive Web applications.
- Create Web applications that support offline operations.
- Create HTML5 Web pages that can adapt to different devices and form factors.
- Add advanced graphics to an HTML5 page by using Canvas elements, and by using and Scalable Vector Graphics.
- Enhance the user experience by adding animations to an HTML5 page.
- Use Web Sockets to send and receive data between a Web application and a server.
- Improve the responsiveness of a Web application that performs long-running operations by
Module 1: Overview of HTML and CSS
- Overview of HTML
- Overview of CSS
- Creating a Web Application by Using Visual Studio 2012
- Lab : Exploring the Contoso Conference Application
Module 2: Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
- Creating an HTML5 Page
- Styling an HTML5 Page
- Lab : Creating and Styling HTML5 Pages
- Introduction to jQuery
Module 4: Creating Forms to Collect Data and Validate User Input
- Overview of Forms and Input Types
- Validating User Input by Using HTML5 Attributes
- Lab : Creating a Form and Validating User Input´
Module 5: Communicating with a Remote Data Source
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using XMLHTTPRequest
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using jQuery AJAX operations
- Lab : Communicating with a Remote Data Source
Module 6: Styling HTML5 by Using CSS3
- Styling Text
- Styling Block Elements
- CSS3 Selectors
- Enhancing Graphical Effects by Using CSS3
- Lab : Styling Text and Block Elements using CSS3
- Creating Custom Objects
- Extending Objects
- Lab : Refining Code for Maintainability and Extensibility
Module 8: Creating Interactive Pages using HTML5 APIs
- Interacting with Files
- Incorporating Multimedia
- Reacting to Browser Location and Context
- Debugging and Profiling a Web Application
- Lab : Creating Interactive Pages by Using HTML5 APIs
Module 9: Adding Offline Support to Web Applications
- Reading and Writing Data Locally
- Adding Offline Support by Using the Application Cache
- Lab : Adding Offline Support to a Web Application
Module 10: Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
- Supporting Multiple Form Factors
- Creating an Adaptive User Interface
- Lab : Implementing an Adaptive User Interface
Module 11: Creating Advanced Graphics
- Creating Interactive Graphics by Using Scalable Vector Graphics
- Programmatically Drawing Graphics by Using a Canvas
- Lab : Creating Advanced Graphics
Module 12: Animating the User Interface
- Applying CSS Transitions
- Transforming Elements
- Applying CSS Key-frame Animations
- Lab : Animating User Interface Elements
Module 13: Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
- Introduction to Web Sockets
- Sending and Receiving Data by Using Web Sockets
- Lab : Implementing Real-Time Communications by Using Web Sockets
Module 14: Creating a Web Worker Process
- Introduction to Web Workers
- Performing Asynchronous Processing by Using a Web Worker
- Lab : Creating a Web Worker Process
Informator är utbildningsföretaget som stärker din konkurrenskraft genom att underhålla, uppdatera och tillföra relevant kunskap inom IT och management där och när du behöver det. Vi har vuxit tillsammans med svensk mjukvaruindustris ledande företag och utbildat utvecklare, tekniker, projektledare och chefer sedan...