This course is aimed at experienced IT Professionals who currently administer their on-premises infrastructure. The course introduces the students to Microsoft Azure and then teaches them how to manage their infrastructure in Azure rather than on-premises.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following course, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- Completing the MCSA certification in Windows Server 2012.
- Completing the MS10978 Introduction to Azure for Developers
Exam 70-533 Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure.
Course OutlineModule 1: Introduction to Azure
This module provides the students a high level introduction to Azure.
- Cloud Technology Overview
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure Portals
- Managing Azure with Windows PowerShell
Module 2: Implement and Manage Virtual Networks
In this module students will learn how to Implement Virtual Networks, why they are important and how to manage them post-implementation.
- Planning Virtual Networks
- Implementing and Managing Virtual Networks
- Configuring Connections to Virtual Networks
Lab : Creating Virtual Networks
- Creating the Virtual Network
Module 3: Implement Virtual Machines
In this module, students will see how Microsoft Azure VMs can host services for their users and customers and how to create, install, and configure VMs with different operating systems and software platforms.
- Introduction to IaaS Cloud Services
- Planning Virtual Machine Workloads
- Creating Virtual Machines
Module 4: Managing Virtual Machines
In this module the student will learn how to properly configure Virtual Machines and Virtual Machine Disks as well as managing and monitoring the Virtual Machine environments ensuring security, availability and scalability.
- Configuring Virtual Machines
- Managing and Configuring Virtual Machine Disks
- Managing and Monitoring Virtual Machines
Module 5: Implementing Websites
In this module students will learn how to plan for website deployment, covering different levels of website and differing deployment models. They will then learn how to deploy a website, how to configure the site, how to monitor the performance of the site, what Webjobs are and how to use them and finally what Traffic Manager is and how it is used.
- Planning for Website Deployment
- Deploying Websites
- Configuring Websites
- Monitoring Websites
- Traffic Manager
Module 6: Planning and Implementing StorageIn this module students will look at types of storage, how to choose/plan storage, storage accounts, and affinity groups. They will move on to learn how implement BLOBs and azure files, recovery services and backup, diagnostics, monitoring, and analytics.
- Planning Storage
- Implementing and Managing Storage
- Backup and Monitoring Storage
Module 7: Planning and Implementing Data Services
In this module students will look at the differences between SQL databases on-premises and Azure SQL databases. They will learn how to implement Azure SQL databases, how to migrate data to SQL Azure, how to monitor the databases once created in Azure and learn about business continuity using database copy and export, Self-service restore and Geo-replication.
- Data Services in Microsoft Azure
- Implementing Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database Security
- Monitoring Azure SQL Database
- Managing Azure SQL Database Business Continuity
Module 8: Implementing PaaS Cloud Services and Mobile ServicesIn this module students will look at cloud services and how they compare to VM and website execution models. They will also look at Web roles and worker roles. They will then move onto learn about deploying and configuring cloud services. They will also look a mobile services, at how to create, deploy and configure. Finally they will learn about monitoring and diagnostics
- Planning and Deploying PaaS Cloud Services
- Configuring Cloud Services
- Implementing Mobile Services
- Monitoring and Diagnostics
Module 9: Implementing Content Delivery Networks and Media Services
In this module students learn what a content delivery network is and how to implement one. They then move on to look at Azure Media Services, and how to utilize media in Azure.
- Implementing Azure Content Delivery Networks
- Publishing Content with Azure Media Services
Module 10: Implement Azure AD
In this module students will learn how to implement Azure Active directory, then to manage users within the directory. They will also look at adding customer domains, at multi-factor authentication and at application integration with Azure Active Directory. Finally they will learn about the features and benefits offered by Azure Active Directory Premium.
- Creating and Managing Azure Directories
- Configuring Application Integration with Azure Active Directory
- Overview of Azure Active Directory Premium
Module 11: Managing Active Directory in a Hybrid Environment
In this module, students look at three alternative approaches for integrating on-premises Active Directory with Microsoft Azure. These options are placing a domain controller into Azure, implementing directory synchronization with optional password synchronization or single sign-on using Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS). Finally, you will consider how to manage these types of hybrid environments.
- Extending On-Premises Active Directory into Azure
- Directory Synchronization
- Implementing Federation
Module 12: Implementing Automation
This module starts with an introduction to automation and the components. The student then moves on to look at PowerShell Workflows, particularly the move from PowerShell scripts to worklows and finally looks at managing automation through creating and publishing runbooks, creating and scheduling jobs and monitoring job execution.
- Overview of Automation Components
- Implementing PowerShell Workflows
- Managing Automation
Module 13: Microsoft Azure Solutions
Now that the student has a technical understanding of many Azure services, they can use their knowledge to solve business problems for customers. In this module, they will read about and discuss two detailed scenarios. The instructor will help you to propose an outline solution for each scenario, in which Azure services are used to solve project goals.
- Tailspin Toys Business Systems Scenario
- Software as a Service Scenario
Informator är utbildningsföretaget som stärker din konkurrenskraft genom att underhålla, uppdatera och tillföra relevant kunskap inom IT och management där och när du behöver det. Vi har vuxit tillsammans med svensk mjukvaruindustris ledande företag och utbildat utvecklare, tekniker, projektledare och chefer...