Get hands-on instruction and practice deploying Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this three-day Microsoft Official Course. In this course you will learn how to plan for and deploy your Windows Server infrastructure in both physical and virtual environments. You will learn about different deployment methodologies and techniques, and work with lite-touch and zero-touch deployment options, as well as general imaging usage and configuration.
Students can meet the above prerequisites by having the MCSA: Windows Server 2008/2012 or equivalent working knowledge
This course is intended for experienced IT Professionals who are involved in physical and/or virtual server deployment
Module 1: Preparing to Deploy Windows Server 2012Although you can use a number of tools and technologies to help you deploy the Windows Server 2012 operating system, it is important to understand how to plan for and perform individual server installations by using local media. Lessons
- Planning a Windows Server 2012 Implementation
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Configuring and Managing Servers Remotely
- Securing a Windows Server 2012 Deployment
- Implementing a Volume Licensing Strategy
Module 2: Deploying Windows Server 2012Organizations have different Windows Server installation and deployment needs. Often, the choice that is made about which deployment technology to use depends on the number of servers to be deployed. Lessons
- Selecting a Suitable Deployment Method
- Overview of Image Files in the Deployment Process
- The Windows Assessment and Deployment Toolkit
- Working with Unattended Answer Files
Module 3: Using Windows Deployment ServicesLarger organizations need deployment technologies that can reduce or eliminate user-interaction during the deployment process.
- Overview of Windows Deployment Services
- Implementing Deployment with Windows Deployment Services
- Administering Windows Deployment Services
Module 4: Implementing Microsoft Deployment ToolkitThis module explains how to configure MDT and how to perform lite-touch and zero-touch deployments by using MDT. Lessons
- Overview of MDT 2013
- Configuring Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Performing Lite-Touch Deployments
- Maintaining Images with MDT
- Performing Zero-Touch Deployments
Module 5: Planning to Virtualize WorkloadsMost organizations are looking for ways to decrease the cost and complexity of providing an information technology (IT) infrastructure. Virtualization has become a key component in developing an efficient and cost effective IT strategy.
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
- Evaluating the Current Environment for Virtualization
- Planning for Virtualization
Module 6: Upgrading and Migrating Networking ServicesServers that run network services are responsible for facilitating communication between computers on your network, and ensuring that the configuration of network infrastructure components supports a reliable network environment.
- Migrating the DHCP Server Role
- Migrating the DNS Server Role
- Implementing IPAM
Module 7: Upgrading and Migrating Server RolesFile servers and web servers are present in almost all corporate networks. You should consider the impact of these servers on your network, and how migrating to Windows Server 2012 can improve the functionality of file servers and web servers on your network.
- Upgrading and Migrating File Servers
- Migrating Web and Application Servers
Module 8: Upgrading and Migrating AD DS
This module explains how to prepare for migrating AD DS in Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 AD DS Upgrade and Migration Overview
- Upgrading Domain Controllers to Windows Server 2012
- Restructuring a Domain
Module 9: Migrating Additional Active Directory-Related Roles and ServicesAccess and Information Protection (AIP) management simplifies the user experience for online users while streamlining the administrative effort of IT departments.
- Migrating AD CS
- Migrating AD FS
- Migrating AD RMS
- Overview of Windows Azure AD
- Implementing Windows Azure AD
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare to deploy Windows Server 2012.
- Describe the various methods of deploying Windows Server 2012.
- Deploy Windows Server 2012 by using Windows Deployment Services.
- Deploy Windows Server 2012 by using MDT.
- Plan to virtualize workloads in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Migrate core networking services to Windows Server 2012.
- Migrate file services and Web and application servers to Windows Server 2012.
- Upgrade and migrate AD DS to Windows Server 2012.
- Migrate AD FS, AD RMS, AD CS to Windows Server 2012 and implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
Informator är utbildningsföretaget som stärker din konkurrenskraft genom att underhålla, uppdatera och tillföra relevant kunskap inom IT och management där och när du behöver det. Vi har vuxit tillsammans med svensk mjukvaruindustris ledande företag och utbildat utvecklare, tekniker, projektledare och chefer sedan...