This 3-day enhanced course describes how to assess operating system and application deployment options, determine the most appropriate deployment strategy, and then implement a lite-touch or zero-touch deployment solution for Windows devices and apps. Solutions covered in this course include operating system deployment scenarios using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
Before attending this course, students must have system administrator–level working knowledge of: Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching and addressing. Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers. Basic concepts of PKI security, scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax, Windows Server roles and services, management tasks using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
Exam 70-695 Deploying Windows Devices and Enterprise Apps
This course is intended for IT professionals who deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and apps across medium/large/enterprise organizations.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess the network environment for supporting operating system and application deployment.
- Determine operating system deployment strategies.
- Determine an image management strategy.
- Prepare for deployments using the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK).
- Support PXE-initiated and multicast operating system deployments.
- Implement operating system deployment by using the MDT.
- Implement operating system deployment by using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Integrate MDT and Configuration Manager for operating system deployment.
- Activate clients and manage additional configuration settings.
- Deploy Office 2013.
Module 2: Determining Operating System Deployment Strategies
This module explains how to identify the most appropriate operating system deployment strategy based upon organizational requirements. It describes tools and deployment strategies, different types of operating system deployments, and alternative deployment strategies for desktop computers.
- Tools and Deployment Strategies for an Effective Operating System Deployment Strategy
- Operating System Deployment Using High-Touch with Retail Media
- Operating System Deployment Using High-Touch with Standard Image
- Operating System Deployment Using Lite-Touch
- Operating System Deployment Using Zero-Touch
- Alternative Deployment Strategies for Windows Desktops
Module 5: Determining an Image Management Strategy
This module describes the Windows image file format, and provides an overview of image management. It also explains how to determine the most appropriate image management strategy to support operating system and application deployments.
- Overview of the Windows Image File Format
- Overview of Image Management
Module 6: Preparing For Deployments Using Windows ADK
This module describes the tools provided in Windows ADK, and explains how to use them to prepare for and support automated deployment strategies.
- Overview of the Windows Setup and Installation Process
- Preparing Boot Images Using Windows PE
- Automating and Preparing the Installation of an Image Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
Module 7: Supporting PXE-Initiated and Multicast Operating System Deployments
This module explains how to identify solutions to support PXE-initiated and multicast solutions when performing operating system deployment tasks. It also describes the process of installing and configuring the Windows DS environment.
- Overview of PXE-Initiated and Multicast Operating System Deployments
- Installing and Configuring the Windows DS Environment
Module 8: Implementing Operating System Deployment by Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
This module explains how to configure an operating system deployment strategy using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit. It describes how to plan for the MDT environment, implement MDT 2013, and integrate Windows DS with MDT.Lessons
- Planning for the MDT Environment
- Implementing MDT 2013
- Integrating Windows DS with MDT
Module 9: Implementing Operating System Deployment by Using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
This module describes operating system deployment, and the process of preparing the site for operating system deployment. It also explains how to configure an operating system deployment strategy using System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager.
- Overview of Operating System Deployment
- Preparing the Site for Operating System Deployment
- Deploying an Operating System Image
Module 10: Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager for Operating System Deployment
This module explains how to integrate MDT with Configuration Manager to support operating system deployment procedures. It also reviews the features provided by integrating MDT and Configuration Manager.
- Integrating Deployment Tools with Configuration Manager
- Reviewing the Features Provided by Integrating MDT and Configuration Manager
Module 11: Activating Clients and Managing Additional Configuration Settings
This module explains how to implement volume license activation and determine configuration settings for client computers. It also describes the different volume license activation solutions.
- Volume License Activation Solutions
- Determining Additional Configuration Client Settings
Module 12: Deploying Office 2013
This module explains how to customize and deploy Microsoft Office 2013 to an enterprise network environment. It describes the methods for deploying Office 2013, customizing Office deployments, and deploying Office 2013 from Office 365.
- Methods for Deploying Microsoft Office 2013 Editions
- Customizing Office Deployments
- Deploying Office 2013 from Office 365
- Considerations for Deploying Office 2013 Using App-V
- Managing Office Settings
Informator är ett utbildningsföretag som stärker individens, gruppens och organisationens konkurrensförmåga genom att underhålla, uppdatera och tillföra relevant kunskap inom IT. Sedan 1990 har informator utbildat många av de ledande företagen på den Nordiska marknaden. Tillsammans med vårt finska ägarbolag Soprano...