This course teaches IT professionals how to plan, deploy, configure, and administer a Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 solution. Students will learn how to deploy a multi-site and highly available Skype for Business infrastructure that supports instant messaging, conferencing, persistent chat, archiving, and monitoring.
Students will also learn how to manage, maintain, and troubleshoot issues in the infrastructure. This course focuses primarily on the on-premises deployment of Skype for Business, but does include information on how to integrate the on-premises deployment with Skype for Business Online as well as how to migrate from previous versions of Lync Server. This course helps the student prepare for Exam 70-334In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Minimum of two years of experience administering Windows Server, including Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012
Preparing for exam 70-334A: Core Solutions of Skype for Business 2015, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Communications certification
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for the Skype for Business deployment in their organizations. Experience with previous versions of Lync Server is beneficial but not required to take this course. Students should be proficient with Active Directory Domain Services, data networks, and telecommunications standards and components that support the configuration of Skype for Business. Students should also be familiar with Exchange Server and Office 365.
Module 1: Designing the Skype for Business 2015 TopologyThis module describes the high level components and features of Skype for Business 2015 and the purpose of the various Skype for Business administrative tools. It also explains the main components of Skype for Business Online and coexistence with on-premises Skype for Business Servers.
- Skype for Business 2015 Overview
- Skype for Business Administrative Tools
- Skype for Business Online
2: Installing and Implementing Skype for Business Server 2015This module helps you to identify the external dependencies for Skype for Business Server 2015. It also explains how to plan SIP domains to ensure a successful implementation. Further, it describes how to install Skype for Business Server 2015 and how it integrated with Exchange Server and SharePoint Server.
- Server and Service Dependencies
- Planning SIP Domains
- Installing Skype for Business Server 2015
- Integrating Skype for Business Server 2015 with Exchange Server and SharePoint Server
Module 3: Administering Skype for Business Server 2015This module explains how to use the Skype for Business Control Panel and Skype for Business Management Shell. It also explains how to create useful Skype for Business scripts and implement Role Based Access Control in Skype for Business. Additionally, this module explains how to use important Test cmdlets and various tools to troubleshoot Skype for Business 2015.
- Skype for Business Control Panel
- Skype for Business Management Shell
- Scripting in the Skype for Business Shell
- Implementing Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Using the Test Cmdlets
- Tools for Troubleshooting Skype for Business 2015
Module 4: Configuring Users and Clients in Skype for Business 2015This module explains how to configure users for Skype for Business. It also explains how to deploy Skype for Business 2015 clients and configure client policies. It explains the authentication and sign-in process for the clients. It also describes how to configure the server settings that impact Skype for Business and how to generate and distribute the Skype for Business Address Book.
- Configuring Users
- Deploying Skype for Business 2015 Clients
- Sign In, Registration, and Authentication
- Configuring Skype for Business Client Policies
- Configuring Skype for Business Server 2015 Settings
- Managing the Skype for Business Address Book
Module 5: Configuring and Implementing Conferencing in Skype for Business 2015This modules explains the features for conferencing in Skype for Business 2015. It also explains how to integrate the Office Web Apps Server with Skype for Business 2015. It then explains how to design and implement simple URLs. Further, it describes the bandwidth requirements of the conferencing codecs and explains how to configure the conferencing settings of Skype for Business Server 2015.
- Conferencing Features and Modalities
- Integrating Skype for Business 2015 with Office Web Apps Server
- Namespace Planning
- Bandwidth Planning
- Configuring Conferencing Settings
Module 6: Implementing Additional Conferencing Options in Skype for Business Server 2015This module explains the conferencing lifecycle and the implementation of audio/video and Web conferencing policies. It also explains how to design and configure dial-in conferencing and large and broadcast meetings. It also explains how to configure a Lync Room System.Lesson
- Conferencing Lifecycle
- Designing and Configuring Audio/Video and Web Conferencing Policies
- Deploying Dial-in Conferencing
- Configuring a Lync Room System
- Configuring Large and Broadcast Meetings
Module 7: Designing and Implementing Monitoring and Archiving in Skype for Business 2015This module explains the components of the monitoring service in Skype for Business 2015. It also explains how to design and implement archiving, design an archiving policy, and implement an archiving policy. Additionally, it explains how to implement the archiving of Skype for Business IMs and conferences in Exchange and SharePoint.
- Components of the Monitoring Service
- Implementing Archiving
- Designing an Archiving Policy
- Implementing an Archiving Policy
- Implementing Exchange and SharePoint Integration of Archiving
Module 8: Deploying Skype for Business 2015 External AccessThis module explains the modalities for external access and capabilities for remote users. It also explains how to design and implement External Access Policies and security to meet the needs of an organization. Additionally, it explains how to design and manage external network configurations, create and manage reverse proxy configurations, design and manage the mobility service. Further, it explains how to design and configure federation.Lesson
- External Access Overview
- Configuring External Access Policies and Security
- Configuring External Access Network and Certificates
- Configuring Reverse Proxy
- Designing Mobility in Skype for Business 2015
- Designing Federation in Skype for Business 2015
Module 9: Implementing Persistent Chat in Skype for Business 2015This module explains how to design a Persistent Chat topology. It also explains how to deploy Persistent Chat and configure and manage Persistent Chat.
- Designing Persistent Chat Topology
- Deploying Persistent Chat
- Configuring and Managing Persistent Chat
Module 10: Implementing High Availability in Skype for Business 2015This module explains how to configure DNS and hardware load balancing. It also explains how to plan the high availability for back end servers. Further, it describes high availability solutions for the other components of Skype for Business 2015.Lesson
- Front End Pool Architecture
- Back End Server High Availability
- High Availability for Other Component Servers
Module 11: Implementing Disaster Recovery in Skype for Business 2015This module explains the concepts of disaster recovery in Skype for Business 2015. It also explains how to design and implement Pool Pairing and how to plan additional disaster recovery scenarios.
- Disaster Recovery in Skype for Business
- Implementing Front End Pool Pairing
- Other Approaches to Disaster Recovery in Skype for Business 2015
Module 12: Integrating with Skype for Business 2015 OnlineThis module explains how to design and deploy Skype for Business hybrid.
- Designing Skype for Business Hybrid
- Deploying Skype for Business Hybrid
Module 13: Planning and Implementing an Upgrade to Skype for Business 2015This module describes the upgrade and migration paths from Lync Server 2010 and Lync Server 2013. It also explains how to upgrade a Lync Server 2013 Pool to Skype for Business 2015.
- Overview of Upgrade and Migration Paths
- Performing an In-Place Upgrade
Our training portal supports your development throughout the training. The portal saves you time and is designed to give you a more effective learning experience - leading to better results and greater knowledge enforcement after the course. Read more >
Hur påverkar COVID-19 denna utbildning?
Informator är utbildningsföretaget som stärker din konkurrenskraft genom att underhålla, uppdatera och tillföra relevant kunskap inom IT och management där och när du behöver det. Vi har vuxit tillsammans med svensk mjukvaruindustris ledande företag och utbildat utvecklare, tekniker, projektledare och chefer sedan...
Flera orter (2)
36 950 SEK
Flera orter (2)
26 950 SEK