Conducting Cisco Unified Wireless Site Survey (CUWSS) v2.0 is a five-day instructor-led course, which is designed to help students prepare for the CCNP wireless certification, a professional-level certification. The goal of the course is to provide students with information and practice activities to prepare them to technically plan and conduct a wireless site survey. Students should be able to design the RF network and conduct a postinstallation assessment to ensure compliancy. This Course Administration Guide contains two sections, Course Management and Lab Setup.
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2 (ICND2)
- Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials (IUWNE)
Course material in English
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Wireless (CCNP Wireless)
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network engineers
- Test engineers
- Network administrators
- Network managers
- Midlevel wireless support engineers
The primary audience is formed of individuals who are involved in the technical handling of Cisco platforms and solutions, performing or overseeing the implementation of a site survey for a WLAN solution.
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network designers
- Project managers
The secondary audience is formed of individuals who need to know how to sell, design, install, and support the implementation of a site survey for a WLAN solution.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Collect information for the site survey
- Prepare and plan for the site survey
- Conduct the site survey
- Design the RF network
- Assess the deployment of the WLAN
Detailed Course Outline
Module 1: Collect Information for the Site Survey
- Lesson 1: Identifying Customer Requirements
- Lesson 2: Identifying Site Survey Requirements for Different Vertical Industries
- Lesson 3: Designing Coverage for Specific Applications and Client Devices
- Lesson 4: Designing Outdoor Coverage
- Lesson 5: Identifying Regulatory Issues
- Lesson 6: Identifying Safety and Aesthetic Requirements
Module 2: Prepare and Plan for the Site Survey
- Lesson 1: Conducting a Kickoff Meeting
- Lesson 2: Conducting an Initial Walkthrough
- Lesson 3: Specifying the Tools Necessary to Complete a Site Survey
- Lesson 4: Choosing the Hardware for the Deployment and the Site Survey
- Lesson 5: Choosing the Right Antennas for the Deployment and the Site Survey
- Lesson 6: Finalizing Logistical Considerations
Module 3: Conduct the Site Survey
- Lesson 1: Estimating the AP Number and Density Using a Planning Tool
- Lesson 2: Conducting a Layer 1 Site Survey
- Lesson 3: Conducting a Layer 2 Site Survey for Data
- Lesson 4: Conducting a Layer 2 Site Survey for Voice and Video Applications
- Lesson 5: Conducting a Layer 2 Site Survey for Location
Module 4: Design the RF Network
- Lesson 1: Determining the Infrastructure Hardware Requirements for the WLAN
- Lesson 2: Determining the Effect of WLAN on the Infrastructure
- Lesson 3: Determining the WLAN Equipment and Licenses
- Lesson 4: Designing the Outdoor Mesh Network
Module 5: Assess the Deployment
- Lesson 1: Verifying WLAN Readiness
- Lesson 2: Verifying the RF Coverage Onsite.
- Lesson 3: Verifying the RF Performance.
- Lesson 4: Verifying Mesh Performance.
- Lesson 5: Presenting an Installation Report
Informator är utbildningsföretaget som stärker din konkurrenskraft genom att underhålla, uppdatera och tillföra relevant kunskap inom IT och management där och när du behöver det. Vi har vuxit tillsammans med svensk mjukvaruindustris ledande företag och utbildat utvecklare, tekniker, projektledare och chefer...