Get hands-on instruction and practice administering Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this 5-day Microsoft Official Course.Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience working with AD DS.
- Experience working in a Windows Server infrastructure enterprise environment.
- Experience working with and troubleshooting core networking infrastructure technologies such as name resolution, IP Addressing, Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience with Hyper-V and Server Virtualization concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of general security best practices.
- Experience working hands on with Windows Client operating systems such as Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.
You will learn the skills you need to better manage and protect data access and information, simplify deployment and management of your identity infrastructure, and provide more secure access to data from virtually anywhere. You will learn how to configure some of the key features in Active Directory such as Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy, Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders, Workplace Join, Certificate Services, Rights Management Services and Federation Services, as well as integrating your on premise environment with cloud based technologies such as Windows Azure Active Directory.
As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment. NOTE: This course is based on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have fundamental knowledge and experience administering Active Directory.This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) experience and are looking for a single course that will further develop knowledge and skills using Access and Information Protection technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to further develop skills in the latest Access and Information Protection technologies with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- System or Infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to build upon that core knowledge and cross-train into advanced Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who have taken the MS20410 Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 course and are looking to build upon that Active Directory knowledge.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand available solutions for identity management and be able to address scenarios with appropriate solutions.
- Deploy and administer AD DS in Windows Server 2012.
- Secure AD DS deployment.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and establish business continuity for AD DS services.
- Implement AD DS sites, configure and manage replication
- Implement and manage GPOs.
- Manage user settings with GPOs.
- Secure and provision data access using technologies such as Dynamic Access Control, Work Folders and Workplace Join
- Implement certification authority (CA) hierarchy with AD CS and how to manage CAs.
- Implement certificates.
- Implement and manage AD RMS.
- Implement and administer AD FS.
- Implement Windows Azure Active Directory.
- Implement and administer Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS).
Module 1: Overview of Access and Information ProtectionThis module explains Access and Information Protection (AIP) solutions from the business perspective and maps business problems to technical solutions.
- Introduction to Access and Information Protection Solutions in Business
- Overview of AIP Solutions in Windows Server 2012
- Overview of Forefront Identity Manager 2010 R2
- Deploying AD DS
- Deploying and Cloning Virtual Domain Controllers
- Deploying Domain Controllers in Windows Azure
- Administering AD DS
- Securing Domain Controllers
- Implementing Password and Lockout Policies
- Audit Authentication
- Monitoring AD DS
- Managing the AD DS Database
- AD DS Backup and Recovery Options for AD°DS and Other Identity and Access Solutions
- Overview of AD DS Replication
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
- Introducing Group Policy
- Implementing and Administering GPOs
- Group Policy Scope and Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshooting the Application of GPOs
- Implementing Administrative Templates
- Configuring Folder Redirection and Scripts
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences
- Overview of DAC
- Implementing DAC Components
- Implementing DAC for Access Control
- Implementing Access Denied Assistance
- Implementing and Managing Work Folders
- Implementing Workplace Join
- Deploying CAs
- Administering CAs
- Troubleshooting, Maintaining, and Monitoring CAs
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Managing Certificates Deployment, Revocation and Recovery
- Using Certificates in a Business Environment
- Implementing and Managing Smart Cards
- Overview of AD RMS
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business to Business Federation Scenario
- Extending AD FS to External Clients
- Overview of Windows Azure Active Directory
- Administering Windows Azure Active Directory
- Overview of AD LDS
- Deploying AD LDS
- Configuring AD LDS Instances and Partitions
- Configuring AD LDS Replication
Informator är ett utbildningsföretag som stärker individens, gruppens och organisationens konkurrensförmåga genom att underhålla, uppdatera och tillföra relevant kunskap inom IT. Sedan 1990 har informator utbildat många av de ledande företagen på den Nordiska marknaden. Tillsammans med vårt finska ägarbolag Soprano...