The DBA Designed for executives who want to apply detailed understanding of business strategy and research tools to their organisations.Whereas a PhD will develop professional researchers, this DBA will enable you to use research methods to define, implement and evaluate the strategies necessary for your business.
The DBA comprises eleven (11) Study element and three (3) Research element.
The courses in the Study element will demonstrate that you have mastered the skills and expertise of strategic focus. The core courses will enable you to:
- Define your strategic options: Competitive Strategy
- Strategic Planning
- Evaluate the risks of each:
- Strategic Risk Management
- And implement your chosen strategy:
- Making Strategies Work
- Project Management
To be eligible for direct admission to the DBA programme, you must hold at least one of the following qualifications:
- a Heriot-Watt University MBA;
- an approved MBA of equivalent standard to that offered by EBS;
- a Masters degree such as MSc, MA, MPhil in a relevant field of study; or
- a PhD in a relevant area.
You also have to complete three more subject-based courses of your choice, and three courses to develop your research expertise and understanding. The courses are assessed by examination as and when you are ready for assessment.
- Elective courses Alliances and Partnerships
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Strategic Negotiation
For the Research element, you work under the direction of an appointed Edinburgh Business School supervisor to carry out appropriate data collection and analysis and design a suitable research method to test the research hypothesis. You must derive a clear set of conclusions, and formally submit a 45,000 word final thesis for examination.
- The research element Stage 1 - Research Proposal
- Stage 2 - Literature review and synthesis of research hypothesis
- Stage 3 - Research methodology, data collection, analysis and conclusions
- To be eligible for admission you must hold at least one of the following qualifications:A Heriot-Watt University MBA;
- An approved MBA of equivalent standard to that offered by Edinburgh Business School;
- A Masters degree such as MSc, MA, MPhil in a relevant field of study; or
- A PhD in a relevant area.
The subject courses and the Introduction to Business Research courses carry the standard EBS fee per course plus the standard EBS examination fee. There are additional DBA fees for:
- The Mentored stage: £1200. Payable on allocation of a mentor.
- The Supervised stage: £4000 per year. Payable in advance of each 12-month period.
- Total DBA fees are therefore the relevant EBS subject course and examination fees, plus the research proposal fee, plus the annual supervision fee(s) for the Supervised stage.
EXMI Executive Management Institute
Executive Management Institute
Vår uppgift är att vidareutbilda högre chefer och nyckelpersoner med ansvar för ett företags affärsmässiga utveckling och effektivitet. Våra utbildningar har ett flexibelt upplägg som passar ambitiösa personer i karriären. Vi har fokus på individen och är internationellt orienterade. Programmen...