Innovation Strategy & Portfolio Management (ISPM)
Dr Robert G. Cooper on making strategic choices and picking the Winners
Picking the right development projects and platforms to invest in is at the heart of successful product innovation. But effective project selections or portfolio management hinges on having a clearly defined and communicated product innovation and technology strategy for your business: which markets, technologies or products should you focus your R&D efforts on? Join this insightful seminar and learn how to develop effective and profitable product innovation strategies for your business.
Maximizing the return on your product innovation invest-ments hinges entirely on your business’s ability to consistently pick the right development projects, tech-nologies and platforms to invest in. This is no easy task. New Product Portfolio Management is fast becoming the most effective way to simplify this complex process — especially when coupled with a clearly defined Product Innovation Strategy. Your company can drive more value and productivity into your portfolio of product innovation projects. Attend this course and learn how to double your portfolio’s value simply by using productivity metrics when selecting projects and by reallocating resources to fewer projects. Learn how to link your new product portfolio to your company’s strategy so it produces meaningful competitive advantages.
- Developing a product innovation strategy and how it impacts on product innovation performance
- Defining your strategy – which markets, technologies and project types do you focus your product development efforts on?
- Developing your strategic product and technology roadmap
- Understanding the tools to use for effective gates and portfolio reviews
- Ranking and prioritizing of projects – picking the winners
- Using strategic buckets for more effective resource allocation
This course is designed for executives, R&D managers, experienced innovators and anyone else with responsibilities for maximizing the returns on their product innovation efforts.
Orter och datum för de olika modulerna
Göteborg, April 8-9, 2019
In this 2-day course you will learn how to…
• Develop a product innovation strategy to focus your business’s product development effort
• Define clear and meaningful goals and objectives for product innovation
• Define areas of strategic focus for innovation –deciding where to invest and which area to avoid –to better direct focused project selection decisions
• Develop and use product and technology roadmaps and strategic buckets to help make R&D resource allocation decisions
• Translate your strategy into action by picking the right development projects to invest in
• Maximize the productivity of your development portfolio through an effective portfolio management system
16800 SEK exkl.moms
Dr Robert G. Cooper
Robert is the creator of the world-famous Stage-Gate® process, and was named the “World’s Top Innovation Management Scholar” by the prestigious Journal of Product Innovation Management and winner of the best seminar leader of the year at CHAMPS (2010). He has combined practical consulting with ground-breaking research for many years. Besides his best-selling books “Winning at New Products” and “Portfolio Management for New Products”, he has published more than 100 articles on R&D and innovation management. Dr Cooper is Professor Emeritus at McMaster University in Canada and ISBM Distinguished Research Fellow at Pennsylvania State University in the USA. He is also President of Product Development Institute offering innovation know-how and support around the world. Many companies in North America, Europe and Asia have introduced his methods, including 3M, ABB, Alfa Laval, Carlsberg, Caterpillar, Dow Chemical, DuPont, Swarovski, Exxon Chemicals, Bosch-Siemens, HP, ITT, Lego and P&G.
Examen, diplom m.m.
Why you and your colleagues should attend
- Achieve high IMPACT by prioritizing projects with the greatest strategic alignment.
- Achieve greater return on your product innovation investment with improved project selection – PROFITABLE projects that are also strategically important to the company.
- Optimize scarce resources – FOCUS ideation and innovation efforts on problems that are important to solve.
- Achieve the necessary BUY-IN to your product innovation and technology strategy – do it right the first time – use a world-class approach.
- RECHARGE the way your management team thinks about the way product innovation can add value to the company.
In this 2-day course you will learn how to…
- Develop a product innovation strategy to focus your business’s product development effort
- Define clear and meaningful goals and objectives for product innovation
- Define areas of strategic focus for innovation – deciding where to invest and which area to avoid – to better direct focused project selection decisions
- Develop and use product and technology roadmaps and strategic buckets to help make R&D resource allocation decisions
- Translate your strategy into action by picking the right development projects to invest in
- Maximize the productivity of your development portfolio through an effective portfolio management system
Chalmers Professional Education
Chalmers Professional Education är Chalmers organisation för specialsydda utbildningar av yrkesverksamma i näringslivet, så kallad uppdragsutbildning. Främst handlar detta om att hantera utmaningar inom produktutveckling, teknikbaserad affärsutveckling, processutveckling, projektledning, produktion och logistik. Vårt mål är att förse näringslivet med världsledande...